Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I can cosmically feel the mean faces

Somehow all of you have managed to get inside my head and nag me until my clicking and typing magically delivered me to my blog. All I can say, is EPIC FAIL on my part. I know I said (I'm BACK!) once before, but I lied that time and my nose grew too long so I have some making up to do. 'Cause I just don't look right with a Pinocchio nose...

You know what I love? I love when I come back from a 3 month hiatus to find that one of my bloggy friends has awarded me not only one, but TWO blog awards. Katelyn (yes, we are name twins) over at Life Is a Beautiful Mess I heart you :) I promise I won't let you down again

Katelyn awarded me the:
Versatile Blogger Award


And the:
One Lovely Blog Award:



Lately things have been pretty chill around the Davis house. We have two of Jack's "uncles" staying with us right now. Uncle Dan Dan and uncle Jeremy. It's been an adjustment getting used to adding two more people to our family but I will be sad when they are gone. Oh, and no they are not the gay kind of uncles :) One is happily married to a dear friend of mine, Marcy. And the other is happily straight. hehe.

Jack is one! O-N-E, one! It's crazy. And let me tell you that kid is walking all over the place. He is 1 going on 15. He can effectively and adorably say "huh?" when we say his name. He waves hi, and occasionally says "hi" He knows Da da, and ma ma, and dog dog. He loves to eat anything and everything, as long as it doesn't have a weird texture (like jello, or green beans, or cottage cheese). Aside from getting into everything, he loves to be outdoors, playing xbox with daddy (daddy gives him the unplugged controller), and dances and cleans with mommy.



Daddy is back on a somewhat regular work schedule, he is squadleader now, which comes with a little more work and responsibility, but he's handling it well. He is still trying to pull some strings and jump through some hoops to get us stationed closer to Ohio, but no word yet. Stay tuned for more info on that later. Good news! Things are starting to align that have lead us to suspect Jeff might be promoted sometime in November. This would be great for him and great for our family, so, fingers crossed everybody!

I've come to the point in my life where I feel I can be honest about my ongoing fight with depression. And I'm just going to say it, I've been having a hard time lately. Everyone has good days and bad, but lordy, I've had my fair share of bad days and then some lately. I can't say enough about how great my husband has been. Thanks hunny :) For a change of subject, I've began job hunting! Yep, after two years being unemployed, I am getting the feeling it's time to at least start looking. I have found a couple daycares as well that I really like. If I get a call about a job, I will tour them and interview the provider. Nothing is set in stone yet, and we are not so desperate for money that I need to work right now. But something part time would be beneficial to my self-health I think.

One more piece of news before I head out to try and fix the crazy background mess that has been goin' on here.

VOTE FOR JACK! in the Baby Gap Casting Call 2010
YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY DAY


Sigh, it's good to be back
I think I'll end by sharing this super cute picture of my two favorite men

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment