Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDDAD!


In response to the title, I'd like to first off wish a happy birthday one of the most amazing men I know. Little Jack has big shoes to fill. Jeff wishes he could be here to celebrate with you, Granddad. May you have a wonderful rest of your birthday week (since today is over) and may God bless you with many more birthdays! I love you. And so does #2! :)



Jack has his 1 month check-up yesterday morning. After mommy (9 lbs 15 oz) and daddy (9lbs 2 oz) both took bets on his weight the winner is...... neither of us! Jack weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 2 oz! The doctor said thats right on track for his age. He is a little ahead in the length department, measuring at 22 1/4 inches. He definitely didn't get his height from me or Jeff. Jack was such a good boy. Didn't cry at all, just squirmed around and grunted and cooed like he always does. After the doctor's appointment we had lunch with Grandpa Kevin at his work. He was more than ready to show of his grandson to his co-workers. And of course everyone was more than ready to admire my handsome little man. Mommy even got lunch out of the visit! My favorite lunch was ready for me, baked chicken breast, green beans, and mashed potatoes, yum! The rest of the day was filled with a trip to walmart for formula, a trip to Hobby Lobby for polymer clay tools, and dinner with Ashley at Steak & Shake.

Today, I'm feeling so very accomplished, having cleaned the entire basement, getting all my laundry done, finishing 20 more charms, working on spanish homework, and still having time to do my daily duties as a mother! Just wanted to share about my superwoman day! Tonight, Jack and I had dinner at Aunt Chris's house for Granddad's birthday. The house was filled with the intoxicating smell of Nanny's cooking as soon as I opened the door. I told her she really should include a warning label on her food, "This product is addicting and could cause you too consume too much, resulting in the immediate gain of 5-10 pounds." Because I know I gained at least 2 tonight! Oh well, it was well worth it! Thank you Nanny for the wonderful meal. I think I will have to get the recipe from you for that chicken. I loved the breading or whatever you call it (please skip over my lack of culinary knowledge).

Too tired to concentrate enough to start some charms tonight, I am heading to bed. Jack is already there and I'm not far behind. Love to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment