Thursday, September 10, 2009

2 months down, 10 to go!

WOO!!!!! Another milestone in this deployment has been reached. We are one sixth done with it today. Quite frankly, I am pretty proud of myself and of my husband. It has been hard, but we have both settled into a pretty good routine living physically apart but emotionally together. We are stronger than ever in our marriage right now, and we just keep trucking on! Of course, Jack will add a whole new dimension to every aspect of our lives. Deployment included. Regardless of how hard it will be for Jeff to be away from him for a long period of time, and me to be a single mother for that amount as well... We can do it! These past 9 months of pregnancy have flown by, so hopefully the next 10 of deployment will as well.

Today I woke up at 6am. Well, I actually had been up since 4am but I didn't get out of bed until 6. I have no idea why my sleep cycle is so irregular. Well, I'm assuming pregnancy is to hold accountable. I went upstairs and talked with my mama while she was getting ready for school and helped to get Max and Avery ready too as much as I could. After they headed out for school, I got a quick shower, dressed, and did my hair and make up. Ya know, normal morning stuff. I had to go to the lab at Adena hospital to get some blood tests done today. My primary doctor requested them as a pre-requisite to consulting about the new injection they have for asthma patients. I wore my mask like I was supposed to and got lots of inquiring looks from the other patrons. Being at a hospital, I thought I would blend a little more than when I wear it to say Walmart, or the library. But no, I felt just as out of place. I held my head high though. I'd rather be the target of wondering, interested eyes than be the victim of the swine flu! Thats for sure. After I had my bloodwork done I went to visit my aunt Amy and grandma. They are both doing well. We just talked about things currently going on and normal stuff. I stayed there for about an hour then headed to pick up lunch and meet my dad at his work. I picked up our orders from Sumburger and went out to Pickaway Ross around 11:30am. It was good to see him. I haven't been out much since my asthma attack and the diagnosis of bronchitis, so I hadn't seen him in a while. He had a sumburger platter and I, of course, had a plain turkey sub platter. YUMMY! I highly recommend Sumburger to anyone in the Chillicothe area. I got to see lots of my dad's coworkers that I hadn't seen in years or more as well. Everyone wished me luck with delivery and they were all very sweet. I feel very blessed to feel such a warm atmosphere from people I haven't seen/spoken to in ages. I'm a lucky young woman. I picked up Avery from school at 2pm like normal, and we came home to find the best part of our day in the mailbox. THREE letters addressed to me from Afghanistan, and one addressed to Miss Avery Hartshorn as well. She was so excited to see that Jeff had written her. I told her I had to pee and she waltzed right into that bathroom and said I had to read it NOW, she couldn't wait. haha. She said she is taking the letter to school for show and tell next week. Since it came all the way from Afghanistan. My three letters made me get butterflies in my stomach. I fall more and more in love with my husband with each stroke of the pen that I read. He knows exactly what to say to get me to just melt. I know, I know, I'm getting mushy. I'll spare you any more and just say that I am ready now more than ever for him to get home! :) Good thing its SOON! I can't wait to see you my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment