Monday, May 3, 2010

NCO of the Month

After anxiously awaiting to hear from my husband about his day and how the board went, I finally got news this morning that he won! CPL. Jeffrey Davis is 8-1 CAV's NCO of the Month! This board is normally meant for SGTs and SSGs (higher rank than him) and he won anyways! He now has to prepare for the NCO of the Quarter board that will be held next month.

Congratulations Jeff, I am telling you again how proud I am of you because I don't think it can be said enough.


Now, onto much less exciting news from the homefront.


I bought Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days for Jack yesterday at Target. I am just not a big fan of the children's shows they offer on cable these days. Sesame Street is on of my favorite children's shows of all time and buying this DVD set was in hope that he will enjoy it too. Turns out, he loves it! And I'll admit, I like watching it too :) We just watched an episode with the "Lady Bug Picnic" in it. I can remember my mom singing "1,2,3.. 4,5,6.. 7,8,9.. 10,11,12.. and they all played games at the ladybug's picnic" to me when I was younger, and I hear her sing it to Avery now. I have these memories of Sesame Street and I want to share them with Jack, and I'm just really happy I will be able to.



Now I'm off to throw myself deep into this mess of stuff we spoke about yesterday and hopefully get a lot of it taken care of today. My dad called last night and wants to move all the furniture and big stuff out tomorrow evening, so I need to have all of it ready to go and the rest of the stuff out of the way. Anyone able to come and kick me in the butt and and get me in gear?


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up on the blop hop! I hope you're meeting some of the great mil spouses out there. It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!

    Wife on the Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) Just found you on the blog hop, cute blog! come by and visit me http://lifeasasailorsgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog via the blog hop! I'm following you now! :) BTW...I totally agree with you about kids' shows these days. Most of it is garbage. My 15-mth old LOVES Elmo and Garfield. I can live with that!! Hehe. ;)

    ~Staci
    ramblingmilitarywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jeff!! lol That's exciting to hear! And I'm so excited that Jack loves Sesame Street!

    ReplyDelete