Monday, September 26, 2011

Running, Crafting and Celebrating

About a month ago I decided to start the "Couch to 5k" program. I haven't ran much at all since I graduated high school 3 years ago, so I knew this was going to be a challenge. I did week one and then caught a cold and had to postpone :/ But now I'm back, and after re-doing week one... I started Week 2 today and felt pretty good. I had to give myself an extra 10 seconds before the last few runs, but I completed it and that's all that matters. Week two is a 5 minute warm-up walk, alternating 90 seconds of running with 2 minutes of walking, and a 5 minute cooldown walk.. for a total of 29 minutes. If you haven't checked out the C25K program, you totally should.
The boys weren't exactly happen on our run this morning. Which is rather out of the ordinary for them. I'm not sure what was wrong, but Jonah finally passed out and Jack fussed off and on but eventually calmed down and played with his truck until I was done.



Today was also a very special day for a very special friend of ours. It was Ashley's 24th birthday!


Jack and I joined her she and her girls and some other friends for her birthday dinner at Chili's tonight. Ashley had her first shot in over 2 years and a yummy bowl of ice cream our server brought for her. We asked if they would sing to her, but sadly they "don't do that". (Which, we found out later, is precisely why Ashley chose that restaurant. hehe)

What does a friend's birthday mean for me? Means I get the chance to make them something special (: And that's what I did this afternoon. I've been wanting to try metal stamping, and Ashley's gift was the perfect opportunity.
Ashley's necklace is made of three washers. Two with each of her daughter's initials and birthdates, and the middle says "J & A" for her husband John and herself, and reads their wedding date across the top. I'm still learning the perfections of this craft but I'm happy with the product from today and I hope Ashley is too!

5 comments:

  1. Love the necklace Kate and Ashley I am so proud of you for getting off the couch..I can't wait to be able to take a walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute necklace! And I commend you for pushing a stroller with TWO kids while running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a power to be reckoned with. keep up the good work. It's not always fun but, it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is so nifty! I am determined to get crafty here eventually.

    ReplyDelete