Wednesday, January 14, 2015

PCS Leave

We are now within one week of our departure from the US! Crazy!

We've been back in our hometown since right before Christmas (about 3.5 weeks) and I must say, it's been a whirlwind. It feels like time has flown and also like we've been here forever all at the same time. 

A big chunk of our time has been spent trying to get healthy! Southern Ohio as a whole seems to be infected with a nasty respiratory bug right now. My mom had pneumonia over Christmas, my dad had a serious sinus infection and double ear infection, the Soldier had an ugly cold for a few weeks, and I lost my voice and was severely congested for about a week and a half! Thankfully, we are all feeling a bit better.

That's not to say we haven't had some fun!

We spent a wonderful overnight at Great Wolf Lodge playing in their massive indoor water park.



We've played in the snow!


The boys loved it so much! They and my little sister spent almost that entire day outside.

We've celebrated our Buckeyes rolling over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and beating Oregon in the the final playoff to become the National Champions!
{photo from the Columbus Dispatch}



And we've spent lots of time with our amazing family and friends.





It's been a pretty good couple of weeks. I've had a few hard, emotional days. That's to be expected I suppose. My husband reminds me daily that it's all going to be just fine, that in the big picture the things I'm worried about are small, and that we are not going to be away forever. Thank goodness for that man. I don't know what I'd do without him.





2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures, such a great times for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lookin' like your mama in that picture.

    ReplyDelete