Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Day in the Life of a Three-Year-Old

I've been trying to be a more relaxed parent lately. 
Not that I'm crazy, I let them get dirty I swear!
But, and I'm sure my fellow parents of preschoolers will agree here, it's hard to know when to put your foot down or when to just let it go.

Lately I've been learning to pick my battles;
let my boys make more choices for themselves.
My motto has been, if it's not really hurting anything and/or it can easily be cleaned up, then it's really okay.
Am I right?!

So far it's been saving us some stress, so we're going with it. 

Boy #2 just recently turned three. 
Here's what a typical day looks like for him:

He starts off the day with a little sticker-ing. Honestly, who wouldn't want a Goofy and a Pluto plastered to their face.

Next up after some playtime is picking up big brother from the bus stop... in a puppy costume. He also barked and hopped on all fours all the way there. I drew the line when he asked me to put him on Luna's (our mini schnauzer) leash . Sorry puppy, mommy does not have time for an interview with Child Protective Services today!

He finished up the afternoon with a trip to see the dentist! He loves Dr. Deeds and the ladies in Dr. Deeds office love him. He had them swooning over his dimples and favorite fedora.

Never a dull moment. He keeps me on my toes. That's for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment