Friday, June 22, 2012

New Look, Concert, and Jonah

Hopefully I will be giving Livin' Our Love Song a "facelift" soon. I think it's time. Since the last title I had included newborn photos of JACK. Jonah wasn't even included!

With Jeff deploying again soon, I feel that I'll probably be blogging more. This method of providing information to friends and family worked so well for us the first time around, and hopefully history will repeat itself in that aspect.

Deployments suck, but being a military familiy definitely has it's perks. This week, anonymous donor gave thousands of concert tickets to the soldiers of Fort Campbell. These aren't just any concert tickets either, these are for the BROTHERS OF THE SUN TOUR!

If you don't know what that is, it means Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw together on one stage! I haven't been this excited about an event in a long time! Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Jake Owen will be there as well. Looking at reviews for the concert in previous cities, it will be a 7 hour concert! Holy cow right? It will be fun though. And whoever the donor is ROCKS! Our tickets are FLOOR seats. The generosity of people amazes me. I hope this donor knows just how much this act of kindness means to the soldiers here. This is something they won't soon forget.

I also have been thinking a lot about Jonah's birthday. It seems like this past year flown by. I remember holding him in my arms for the first time like it was yesterday. He is growing so fast. He knows at least 5 signs (sign language) that he uses reguarly and is saying "da da", "ja ja" which is code for Jack Jack, "ma ma", "uh oh", and I swear he said "luh you" to me the other day (:

Jonah and Jack are just getting to the stage where they like to play together. Driving cars, hiding under blankets, running from mommy. Their little smiles and giggles are enough to make anyone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment