Monday, June 18, 2012

Life in the Fast Lane

I live a pretty normal life compared to some people. To others, my life may seem like a whirlwind. For me, it's a little bit of both. I like it that way. I have normal days, and not so normal days.

I have two boys. Ages (almost) one and two. That means my life is mostly chasing them, loving them, answering them, caring for them. That's okay, I love that part of my life.

My husband is an Army medic of 6 years. That means my life is many nights (and days) alone, love letters, feeling proud of him, deployments, homecomings. I love and hate that part of my life.

I volunteer as an instructor for AFTB and as the FRG leader for my husband's company. That means my life is helping, assisting, teaching, consoling. This part of my life is hard and overwhelming at times but it's worth it.

I play softball with a wonderful group of women. That means my life is throwing, hitting, physical therapy, coaching. My softball slice of life is my "me" time.


When I was 18 I decided to drop out of college, leaving behing a full 4-year scholarship. I moved to the other side of the country and got married. I left behind friends and family that didn't understand (some didn't support) my decision. After 4 years away, I don't regret that decision. Not for a second.
I paved my own way. Against the common path my hometown community believed I should take. I don't resent those that didn't support me.

This is my life, I believe I am where I should be at this moment in time. Who knows where I'll go and what I'll do next. But for now I'm content.


1 comment:

  1. God's plan for your life is much bigger & better than even your own, let alone people who like to judge. You are a great wife & mom and you're doing great things by leading the FRG. You helped me so much when I was drowning in the new Army life and I don't know what I would have done without you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete