Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our (first) Valentine's Day

Jeff and I have been together for almost five years now, married for a little over two. And believe it or not, this year was the very first Valentine's Day we've spent together (in the same location). That's the military life for you. The past four February 14th's, he was in
#1. San Antonio, Texas
#2. Yakima, Washington
#3. Fort Irwin, California
and
#4. somwhere, Afghanistan
FINALLY, he's at home!
Needless to say, we couldn't have been happier just spending the night in with our munchkin and watching a movie.
But, being the romantic that my wonderful husband is, despite the fact I told him I didn't want/need a gift... He brought me home a gorgeous boquet of flowers and a WHOLE BAG of Dove chocolates. Gosh, I love that man.
The flowers are so beautiful, and their scent radiates throughout the dining room and kitchen. They are a wonderful reminder that warm weather is coming! And the chocolates, what pregnant girl doesn't love chocolates! Thank you so much to my awesome husband. The best part is that you delivered them to me yourself :)

After discussing it with my mother, I decided my original plan of filling Jeff's whole car with balloons while he was at work probably wasn't the best route (my lungs can't handle that many balloons on their own). So I opted to make him this huge, obnoxiously girly card instead.
Thanks Kellee for showing me how to make those awesome flowers (that make up the heart)!

After these were exchanged, we sat down and had a wonderful family dinner: salad, lasagna, and garlic bread. Family dinners always have a way of making me feel so blessed. We try try to have dinner together at the table at least 5 times a week. I think it's very important not only for Jeff and I, but also for Jack (and in the future, baby bean)!

Daddy was on munchkin bath detail following dinner, while I cleaned up the kitchen and living room of debris from what we call hurricane Jack.

He cleans up pretty nicely, don't you think? Unfortunately, I can't say the same about him holding still so this is best picture of him I could get before bed.

We watched the movie "Red" with Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman. We were both laughing through the whole thing. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that much of a comedy, but anything with Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman together makes me laugh. And there's a character, Marvin, that you just can't help but love because he's so goofy. If you haven't seen it, definitely rent it from Redbox (Only $1 that way!). And it's a movie both you and your spouse can enjoy.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment